Changes to rules and new restrictions are being put in place ready for the second lockdown.
You are still able to drive your vehicle for the following reasons during lockdown:
- Travelling to work if you cannot work from home.
- Taking your child to school or travelling to college or university or for caring purposes.
- Attending medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health.
- Visiting venues that are open, including essential retail, going to a shop or pharmacy for groceries or medicine.
- Travelling to exercise, i.e parks.
All roads and motorways remain open but you should only be driving if it is absolutely necessary or for the above reasons.
Will garages and petrol stations be open?
Garages are classed as an essential business, they will remain open.
They will continue to offer services as required, with many developing social distancing or zero-contact methods of vehicle handover to protect staff and customers.
Petrol stations are also listed as essential business and will stay open. Many are encouraging customers to maintain social distancing by using pay-at-pump facilities wherever possible.
Call us on: 0800 118 2001
Find us on Facebook!