There are some rules and responsibilities of driving instructors which you should know. If you want to make a career as an approved driving instructor (ADI) then there are some requirements and responsibilities described below which will help you in becoming a driving instructor.
- Legal requirements
- You should be 21 or over
- You must be qualified to drive the same category of vehicle you are supervising them in
- Full license for that category for at least 3 years
To legally charge anyone, you must follow any one of the below:
- You should be on the ADI register
- You must have a trainee driving instructor license
- You should have a responsible attitude to your pupils
- You have to show a high standard of driving and instructional ability
- Follow all safety procedures
- Show a professional approach to your customers
- Criminal record checK
There are some factors taken into account for checking criminal records
- The seriousness of any offense
- The circumstances surrounding an offense and your explanation also matters
- Whether the circumstances have changed since the offense has done
- Is there a pattern of offending behavior
In Birmingham, you will get various opportunities for getting training in ADI. For safety purposes, there is also the availability of Female driving instructors Birmingham for women.
If you are going to start your ADI training then you can also search as Driving instructor near me Birmingham and you will get more options near you and it is important that you do proper research before taking training from any driving instructor.